Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles Helping Victims Recover Compensation
Thousands of people are hurt in preventable accidents in and around Los Angeles. In many cases, victims are entitled to compensation under California law. If you have been hurt in an accident, Kash Legal‘s experienced team of LA personal injury attorneys will review your case at no cost to you and let you know whether you have a claim to pursue. In addition, with our no-win, no-fee guarantee, you will never owe us anything for our legal services unless we win your case. To schedule your free consultation with an attorney, call our office today.
We Handle a Wide Variety of Cases
As experienced personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles, we’re qualified to handle any type of injury case. We regularly work with clients who have suffered the following types of injuries or accidents:
When you first come to us, we will discuss your accident with you in detail to determine whether we believe you have a legal claim to assert. If you do, we will thoroughly investigate your accident to determine exactly who we can hold accountable for your injuries and conduct a full evaluation of all of your losses to ensure that we can obtain the full and fair value of your claim.
What are Some Damages I Can Recover From a Personal Injury Accident?
At Kash Legal, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that personal injury accidents can take. We fight for the economic and non-economic damages you suffered due to someone else’s negligence so that you have the resources you need to heal. Depending on the specifics of your case and the extent of your injuries, you may recover the following losses:
- Medical Expenses: This includes the cost of past and future medical treatment related to injuries, such as hospital bills, surgeries, physical therapy, and medical equipment.
- Lost Earnings: You can seek compensation for the income you have lost due to your injuries, including wages, bonuses, and future lost earnings you would have earned if not for the accident.
- Property Damages: If your personal property, such as your vehicle, was damaged in the accident, you may be entitled to reimbursement for repair or replacement costs.
- Pain and Suffering: These damages compensate you for the physical pain and distress caused by your injuries. Calculating these damages can be more subjective and vary from case to case.
- Emotional Distress: In cases of severe emotional trauma or psychological harm resulting from the accident, you may be eligible to recover these types of damages.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If the injury diminishes your ability to enjoy activities you once loved or affects your quality of life, you may be eligible to recover these types of damages.
- Loss of Consortium: In some cases, spouses and family of the victim may be entitled to damages for the loss of companionship, support, or intimacy due to the injury.
- Punitive Damages: Generally awarded in rare circumstances to punish the defendant for extremely reckless or intentional misconduct.
- Wrongful Death Damages: If a personal injury accident results in a fatality, the surviving family members may be eligible to recover damage through a wrongful death lawsuit. These damages typically cover funeral and burial costs and the loss of financial support.
To understand your rights and seek the appropriate compensation for your unique personal injury case, consult with our qualified lawyers at Kash Legal. We will assess the monetary value of the damages you suffered and provide legal guidance tailored to your needs.
How Much Does a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
You may be worried about the costs associated with retaining a personal injury lawyer after an accident, especially if you are dealing with unexpected medical expenses and lost income from not being able to work. At Kash Legal, we never collect legal fees unless we win your case. In addition, because we employ a contingency-fee agreement with all our injury clients, any legal fees we collect will be a predetermined percentage of your settlement or award. By using this type of fee structure, anyone who needs legal help after an accident can get it, even if they cannot afford to pay a lawyer out of pocket.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer after an Accident?
It is highly advisable for anyone that has been hurt in an accident caused by the negligence of someone else to retain a personal injury lawyer. Furthermore, you should retain an attorney even if your case looks like it’s going to be settled out of court, as most are.
When a case settles, the at-fault party or the at-fault party’s insurance company agrees to pay you a certain amount in return for you signing paperwork that releases them from any further liability. Importantly, insurance companies actively work to settle cases for less than they are worth and will actively look for ways to even deny your claim completely. There are many ways that a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer can help you during the settlement process, including:
If your lawyer is unable to come to a settlement agreement with the insurance company or the insurance company simply denies your claim, he or she will likely file a lawsuit on your behalf. In the event that this occurs in your case, your lawyer will also represent you in court and attempt to obtain a judgment on your behalf.
Protecting Your Rights after an Injury-Causing Accident
While it would be nice if injured victims automatically received the compensation to which they are entitled after an accident, that is unfortunately not how our system works. In fact, there are certain steps that victims need to take after an accident to protect their legal right to compensation. Some of these include:
Seeking Medical Attention And Participating In Your Treatment Plan
It is critical to seek medical attention immediately after an accident. Doing so will result in the creation of a medical record that can be used as evidence to prove your damages. In addition, it is also very important to fully participate in your treatment plan. That means attending physical therapy if it is prescribed, going to follow-up appointments, and filling your prescriptions. Failing to take steps to mitigate your injuries can have a negative impact on how much compensation you can recover.
Documenting the Way Your Injuries are Affecting You
You should keep a detailed journal about the ways in which your injuries are affecting your day-to-day life. Make note of any pain you experience, trouble you have sleeping, activities you need to skip, and any feelings of anxiety or depression you have.
Calling a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney as Soon as You Can
You should retain a personal injury attorney to represent you as soon as possible after you are hurt in an accident. Insurance companies will gladly take advantage of your inexperience in handling personal injury claims, and waiting to start investigating your case could result in losing access to evidence that you need to be successful in recovering compensation. Once you retain the team at Kash Legal, you can focus on the important work involved with your mental and physical recovery while knowing that the legal aspects of your claim are in good hands.
What Is the Statute of Limitations in California?
Personal injury cases in California are subject to specific time limitations known as the statute of limitations. This statute dictates the amount of time in which a victim has to file a lawsuit after suffering a personal injury. Failing to file within this timeframe can result in losing the right to seek compensation.
The following are general guidelines for personal injury cases:
- For personal injury cases in California, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the injury or discovery of the injury.
- The discovery rule is an important exception to the general rule, as it applies when the injury is not immediately apparent. In such cases, the clock starts one year from the date a victim discovered or should have reasonably discovered the injury.
- For individuals who were minors at the time of injury, California law provides an extended statute of limitations. Generally, victims have two years after they turn 18 to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- When a personal injury claim involves a government entity, such as a city or county, there are stricter rules. Typically, a government claim must be filed within six months of the injury, and a lawsuit can commence if the claim is denied.
There may be exceptions to the statute of limitations timeline, which is why it is imperative to seek the legal guidance of a highly qualified Los Angeles personal injury lawyer as soon as you can following an accident.
Call Us Today to Schedule Your Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles
If you have been hurt in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should speak to a personal injury attorney as soon as you can. At Kash Legal, we are committed to helping injured victims obtain the compensation they are owed under California law, and our skilled team of lawyers is qualified to go up against the largest insurers in the country. To schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers, call our office today at 888.527.4128 or contact us online.
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
Our Clients Love Us
Jonathan has been great in getting my accident case settled and for more than I expected. They took care of everything for me so I didn't have to deal with any insurance agencies. Highly recommended.Cynthia R.San Francisco, CA
Kash Legal Group . Jonathan and his team are the best. Never have I delt with such a professional, caring group. They kept in touch and informed me the whole journey. Eileen was so comforting to me. And I would MOST DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS TEAM ..Deanna S.Big Bear, CA
I am super satisfied with the job Kashani and his team had done for me after my car accident. They help me get all the attention I needed after accident plus got me a good compensation. They all are very pleasant and know what are doing, they are very professional and sharp . The group firm assisted me till make sure I was healed and make sure everything was paid by other insurance.Felipe C.Riverside, CA
After my injury, I contacted Kash Legal in hopes of getting justice for what had happened to me. Kash Legal has helped me achieve that goal, and even during the COVID pandemic, they had always kept fighting and updating me on the case with extreme professionalism. Kash Legal changed my life for the better, and did a fantastic job doing so.Justin J.Broken Arrow, OK
Get Your Free Case Consultation
We will be in touch within 24 hours.