Personal injuries are suffered in accidents resulting from someone else's negligent actions. You may suffer major or minor injuries depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident. Regardless of the magnitude of your injuries, California personal law allows accident victims to seek compensation for their injuries through a lawsuit or settlement agreement.REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
We Handle a Wide Variety of Injury Claims
If you or your loved one has sustained any personal injury in Fresno, it is vital that you seek legal representation from a Fresno personal injury lawyer. The personal injury lawyers at Kash Legal will listen to your case at no cost, evaluate whether you have grounds for a claim, and advise you on the legal avenues available depending on your case and circumstances.
The Most Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Fresno
Contrary to popular belief, personal injury cases are not limited to motor vehicle accidents. At Kash Legal, our Fresno personal injury attorneys handle a wide variety of personal injury cases that span the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents involve bicycles, buses, personal cars, Uber and Lyft, trucks, motorcycles, and government vehicles
- Premises liability accidents like slip- or trip-and-falls at commercial properties, private residences, and government properties. Premises liability also involves tools and boxes falling from high above at stores and inadequate security at events, public places like hotels or casinos, and private residences
- Wrongful death is when one person’s negligent actions cause the untimely death of somebody else.
Other, more specific personal injury cases we represent at Kash Legal include the following:
- Drunk driver accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bite Injuries or animal attacks
- E-Cigarette vape explosion accidents
- Electrocution injuries
- E-Scooter accidents
Personal injuries from these types of accidents can change the quality of life you used to lead before the accident. Treatment and therapy go a long way in helping you regain your previous quality of life. Our Fresno personal injury may help you recover some of these expenses by filing for compensation.
Do I Need a Lawyer if the Insurance Company Is Offering Me a Settlement?
Accepting a settlement offer too early poses the danger of undervaluing your expenses. For example, a treatment plan may prove ineffective, and you may need to switch to a different, more costly medical plan. Accepting a settlement offer may also require you to sign a release. This prevents you from pursuing further compensation if your medical situation changes. Therefore, your personal injury lawyer will most likely advise that you wait until you have reached maximum medical improvement and all your damages have been completely brought to the forefront.
The events that occur after the accident are crucial to your case. People often ruin their cases without knowing it. Mistakes that could potentially ruin your personal injury claim include the following:
- Signing a medical authorization allows the insurance company to get all your records (medical and non-medical) of conditions unrelated to the accident.
- Ignoring your injuries. You need to seek proper medical care even if you feel ‘okay’ after the accident. Some injuries take time to manifest or are internal.
- Returning to work too early. This may be difficult not to do, especially with piling medical bills. However, returning to work too early can be seen as a failure to mitigate your damages, which could lower the value of your claim.
- Giving a recorded statement to the other party’s insurance company. This pins you down to the set of facts you provided. Instead, hire a lawyer immediately and decline to give statements to the insurance company (you are NOT obligated to).
- Further, avoid mentioning or posting pictures of your accident on social media, so the insurance adjuster doesn’t take them out of context to dispute your claim.
People who are represented by a personal injury lawyer may recover up to three times what people who represent themselves receive. Reach out to an experienced Fresno personal injury lawyer to increase your chances of getting the compensation you deserve.
How to Prove a Fresno Personal Injury Claim
In California, personal injury claims are based on negligence. Negligence is defined as the failure to exercise care that a reasonable person would in a similar situation. To win a personal injury claim, you must prove that the defendant’s actions, or inactions, were negligent.
Negligence has four elements that must be proved in a personal injury claim. Here is an example based on a car accident:
- Duty of care: For instance, all motorists owe their fellow road users a duty of care when operating a motor vehicle. This duty falls within obeying traffic rules and obeying traffic signs.
- Breach of duty: You must prove that the defendant breached or violated that duty in some way. Speeding and running a red light are examples of violations of duty.
- Causation: Not every motorist that speeds or runs a red light causes an accident. Your lawyer must prove that the injuries you sustained resulted from that breach.
- Damages: You must have suffered losses, monetary or otherwise. This is why it is crucial that you seek medical attention immediately. The damages you suffer due to this accident will be compensated if you win the case.
The statute of limitations dictates that personal injury claims must be filed within a two-year period, failure to which you can no longer pursue compensation for that accident. Exceptions to the rule include when the defendant is a government entity or when the victim is a minor. Contact a lawyer as soon as possible to ensure you’re filing in time.
Contact the Fresno Personal Injury Attorneys at Kash Legal
Getting the help of a lawyer ensures you do not harm your claim by falling for the insurance company traps of “just to check in on you” and “purpose of clearing up liability.” The Fresno personal injury lawyers at Kash Legal have your best interests at heart and are determined to get you the best compensation they can under the law.
Kash Legal offers a no-win, no-fee guarantee agreement. In other words, you will not pay any legal fees unless our personal injury attorneys win your case. Schedule your free consultation by calling (888) 527-4128 or filling out our contact form.
Our Clients Love Us
Jonathan has been great in getting my accident case settled and for more than I expected. They took care of everything for me so I didn't have to deal with any insurance agencies. Highly recommended.Cynthia R.San Francisco, CA
Kash Legal Group . Jonathan and his team are the best. Never have I delt with such a professional, caring group. They kept in touch and informed me the whole journey. Eileen was so comforting to me. And I would MOST DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS TEAM ..Deanna S.Big Bear, CA
I am super satisfied with the job Kashani and his team had done for me after my car accident. They help me get all the attention I needed after accident plus got me a good compensation. They all are very pleasant and know what are doing, they are very professional and sharp . The group firm assisted me till make sure I was healed and make sure everything was paid by other insurance.Felipe C.Riverside, CA
After my injury, I contacted Kash Legal in hopes of getting justice for what had happened to me. Kash Legal has helped me achieve that goal, and even during the COVID pandemic, they had always kept fighting and updating me on the case with extreme professionalism. Kash Legal changed my life for the better, and did a fantastic job doing so.Justin J.Broken Arrow, OK
Get Your Free Case Consultation
We will be in touch within 24 hours.