Skip to main content

In the hustle and bustle of your everyday life, it’s easy to overlook potential hazards. That’s especially true in apartment complexes, which are filled with common areas that are well-used but not always well-maintained. Falls are one of the most common types of injuries sustained in an apartment complex, and they frequently occur due to a property owner’s negligence. If you slipped on ice or another hazard in your apartment complex and sustained an injury as a result, can you sue the property owner for damages? 

There are some conditions that must be met before suing any business entity. Kash Legal can help you figure out everything you need to know about filing a personal injury claim against an apartment complex if you’ve suffered a slip-and-fall incident as a result of their negligence.

What Is Premises Liability?

Premises liability is the area of law that deals with accidents and injuries that occur on someone else’s property. If you’re hurt while on someone else’s property, such as sustaining a knee injury or a concussion, you may be able to seek compensation from the landlord or management company.

The term “premises” can refer to any type of property, including an apartment complex, office building, or retail store. If you’re injured in a slip-and-fall accident on someone else’s property, for example, you may be able to file a premises liability claim against the landlord or management company.

Under premises liability law, landlords and management companies have a duty to keep their properties safe for tenants and visitors. If they fail to do so and someone is injured as a result, they may be held liable for negligence. If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, it’s important to speak with a premises liability attorney who can help you understand your rights and options.

Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall at an Apartment Complex

If you have been injured in a slip and fall at an apartment complex, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights. First, you should try to get the contact information for the property owner or landlord. You will need this information when filing a claim.

Second, take pictures of the scene of the accident and your injuries. This will be helpful evidence in proving your case. Third, consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your legal options and whether you may be able to hold the property owner or landlord liable for your injuries.

Who is Responsible for a Fall at An Apartment Complex?

The landlord may be held responsible if the fall was caused by a dangerous condition that the landlord knew about or should have known about. For example, if the landlord knew that there was a hole in the floor and did not fix it, the landlord could be held liable if a tenant fell through that hole. Anything like this that happens on the landlord’s property would be their responsibility to fix to help keep their tenants and visitors safe.

Seek Legal Help from Kash Legal

Dealing with a slip-and-fall accident can be a pain, and the last thing you want to think about is your legal options on top of everything else. If you have significant costs for medical care, lost wages, or other costs related to the accident, you can seek compensation for the apartment complex. 

Kash Legal can help you throughout the legal process so you can get the compensation you are owed. Don’t miss your window of opportunity to hold the apartment complex accountable. Contact us online or call us at (888) 527-4128 today to discuss the specifics of your case.

Get Your Free Case Consultation

We will be in touch within 24 hours.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Personal Injury Law Firm Who Cares

attention icon
Personal Attention
respected icon
Respected Lawyers
consultation icon
Risk - Free Consultation
gurantee icon
No Win, No Fee Guarantee
CALL US: 888-527-4128